We want you to be satisfied with every purchase you make. If an item you purchased arrived broken, is faulty or isn't what you had in mind, we're here to help, subject to the below terms.
This policy forms part of the EBO Terms and Conditions. EBO are committed to operate Exclusive Brands Online’s business in terms of the Consumer Protection Act and all policies are subject to the applicable law.
1. Giving Customers Peace of Mind
You can have peace of mind! EBO only stocks quality branded goods. We are confident that you will be satisfied with every purchase you make. If you experience any problem or concern, please refer to the options provided for below. We are committed to operate our business in terms of the Consumer Protection Act and all policies are subject to the applicable law. All goods are checked by our EBO team before release of delivery to ensure all is in order. Also a kind reminder to please check your order upon delivery to ensure all is in order.
2. 10 days exchange or refund policy:
We will refund or exchange most goods if you return them within 10 working days of purchase. A valid proof of purchase must be provided i.e Order number or proof of purchase of gift received. However, the goods must still be in their original condition and packaging and you may not have used them at all. (Any scratches, marks, damage etc. will void your eligibility for a refund).
Damage inspection: Should the product not be inspected within the packaging and in packaging imaging is provided, the product may count as used and it will therefor void the request for refund/exchange on damage.
*Please note that all orders must be inspected by the buyer upon delivery asap to avoid any disappointments. Our Returns/Exchange policy is valid from the delivery date.
All Products gets checked by the Exclusive Brands Warehouse in Gauteng before release of delivery.
- Original packaging and Original condition, i.e.:
- the security seal or shrink wrap is intact (if applicable)
- it is unused and the price ticket (if applicable) is attached.
- items with seals on them such as Hoverboards; Segways; electric cars; Tablets ect. will not be accepted back for return/exchange if the seal is broken. This will be regarded as an used item.
3. Unwanted goods for return/exchange:
- Unsuitable for Purpose:
- Subject to our rights in law(referring to Gazette page 30 of 94; Section 58 (6)) to charge you for use of a restocking fee to get the goods fit for re-stocking, we will give you a refund or exchange.(Any scratches, marks, damage etc. will void your eligibility for a refund).
The product must be sent to us within 30 calendar days from your notice to us of your cancellation.
You are responsible for the return shipping costs of the product when you cancel your purchase. (Courier At Own Risk - Please ensure that the parcel is safely packed.) EBO cannot be held liable for any damage whilst upon transit.
Unwanted products must be returned unused.
The Customer must take care to ensure that the product is properly packaged so that it will not be damaged while in transit within original packaging and original condition as received.
- All returned Items are subject to inspection to ensure the items are suitable for a refund.
- You may bring the item back to one of our branches for an exchange or contact email@example.com with your order number to make arrangements for the collection of the item. Promotional free or bundled items that were part of a purchase must also be returned.
2. Incorrect Item Delivered:
- Should an item be incorrect, please contact EBO Support on Reply to your order confirmation number to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for the earliest convenient collection date.
- Once returned to the store, the Product will undergo an assessment following which, the correct item will be dispatched.
- Promotional free or bundled items that were part of a purchase must also be returned.
- Product must be returned unused.
4. What to do if the goods are defective:
- If your goods turn out to be defective on a manufacturing default within the first 6 months after you received them from us, we will repair them, replace them or give you a refund.
- Products may be returned to our EBO Head Office in Pretoria or alternatively we can help you to arrange a 3rd party courier by sending us an e-mail to email@example.com.
- The courier service will be charged at the going rate for your area and product specifications.
- Please note that it may not be possible to determine at the head office whether goods have been damaged or what the cause of a failure or defect may be.
- This is of importance as it determines whether the goods may be repaired, replaced or refunded. Accordingly, we reserve the right to refer returned goods for technical assessment by authorized service center prior to repairing, replacing or refunding and to provide you with feedback within 7 to 14 working days of receipt of the returned goods and to act accordingly. In our Current COVID19 Pandemic, we strive to be of assistance throughout. We are currently on skeleton staff and will assist and provide feedback in accordance.
- Appliances and electrical products will be repaired, replaced or refunded subject to supplier warranties if faulty, provided that:
- The product was used in accordance with the manufacturer’s terms and there is no evidence of structural damage(water or impact damage) or abuse;
- The original components and accessories are also returned;
- The original plug has not been tampered with
- The Warranty seals is not broken. Products/Parts may not be opened without approval of technicians of EBO as this will be tampering which can cause damage to a product or part and void the warranty thereof.
- A replacement unit will depend on stock availability and the condition of the product assessed as mentioned above
- If your goods show a defect after the initial 6 month period, but still within the manufacturer’s warranty period, EBO will be able to assess the goods for repair and will decide whether you have a valid claim and if so, whether they will repair or replace.
- If the goods become defective once the manufacturer’s warranty has expired, we can arrange to repair them accordingly. No repairs will be done without you approving a quotation first.
- Should an item be damaged or defective, please contact EBO's Online Customer Support on firstname.lastname@example.org immediately to arrange for the earliest convenient collection date. Please make a note on the delivery waybill of damages as well. Once returned to the store, the Product will undergo an assessment following which a decision be made on the replacement of the item. Promotional free or bundled items that were part of a purchase must also be returned.
- PLEASE NOTE: Physical damage (including seemingly trivial surface scratches, mark etc.) could result in an OBF (out of box failure) claim being rejected. In the event that you experience a problem with our new device, you are encouraged to return it as soon as possible to reduce the possible risk of an OBF rejection due to physical damage.
OBF terms and conditions:
3. All devices must be assessed by a EBO Repairs technician for any faults reported by the client before being exchanged/returned. This assessment may take up to 10 (ten) calendar days. (Time-frame may be influenced by location, courier delays and/or public holidays).
- Devices that meet the OBF criteria but are faulty due to software issues (incorrect version of software) and that can be resolved by way of a software upgrade are not considered OBF at this stage in the OBF resolution process.
- A software upgrade will be performed free of charge in an attempt to resolve the fault.
- Should this software upgrade fail to resolve the fault, and the device renders faulty within 7 (seven) days of the software upgrade and/or still within a 14 (fourteen) calendar day period from date of purchase/delivery, the device will be approved as an OBF. The consumer should retain their proof of receipt of the device when the device is issued back to them after the software upgrade, as this is the date that will be applied in terms of the additional 7 (seven) day window.
- The maximum of 14 (fourteen) calendar days OBF rejection with a software version update is therefore calculated according to the time the device is in the consumer’s possession. Thus, providing a reasonable window to determine fault.
- Items that qualify as OBF will only be swapped for the same make and model.
4. The original contents of the ‘box’, (device, original battery, original charger, manual and or any other accessories) must be complete and the packaging intact/in a good condition.5. The physical condition of the device applies – as outlined above
- Goods must be signed off upon arrival by the client, to the Courier Company in acceptance that all is within complete order.
5. Un-returnable Items
Certain Products are excluded from the 14 day exchange or refund policy due to hygiene reasons, applicable legislation or for reasons of cost efficiency. The goods EBO exclude from the 14 day return and exchange policy are:
- Health items such as Vitamins ; Masks etc
Health, beauty and personal care items.
- Perishable products in general, this cannot be returned due to the cold chain being broken.
- Goods which are sold as red ticket goods, damaged, defective, used or repaired, where Exclusive Brands Online disclosed these facts to you before you bought the goods
6. Repairs and Warranties
If you have purchased a Product which is defective within its warranty period, please notify us as soon as reasonably possible after you become aware of the defect. Please take proper note of any terms or instructions that accompany your goods.
After the 6 months' statutory warranty has expired, some Products have an extended warranty. These warranties are usually stated in the Product brochure, and may be subject to the manufacturer's specific terms and conditions.
Kids Electric Ride On Cars (Battery Warranty 3 months; All other parts 1 year warranty)
6.1 Conditions that apply to manufacturers’ warranties:
As with all warranties, certain conditions and exceptions apply. Please take proper note of any terms or instructions that accompany your goods. We explain the conditions as follows:
- Appliances and Electric equipment and sporting equipment
- Goods that show a manufacturing defect within the first 6 months of purchase will be repaired, replaced or refunded. (Any scratches, marks, impact or water damage ; broken warranty seals; tampering/opening of the product unauthorized by our technical team etc. will void your eligibility for a refund/replacement) Your warranty will be voided. Electrical appliances is not waterproof unless stated within the descriptions thereof.
- Defects that develop after 6 months may be repaired, replaced at the manufacturer’s election, and subject to the relevant manufacturer’s policy or extended warranty
- The nature of the goods (size, technical specifications, etc.) often dictates where the repair will take place. For example, on site; at the warehouse or at the manufacturer’s premises.
The cost and time of the repair depend on the type of damage.
Buyer is liable for shipment cost (Courier At Own Risk - Please ensure that the parcel is safely packed.) EBO cannot be held liable for any damage whilst upon transit.
- The product and all applicable contents must be repackaged within its original packaging for warranty acceptance.
For assistance regarding repairs, please send an e-mail with your query through with your order number:
- Defective goods must be sent within 30 calendar days from time reported as we cannot take any liability to the damage of the product thereafter.
- Kids Electric Ride On Cars (Battery Warranty 3 months; All other parts 1 year warranty)
- Kids Electric Ride On Cars (Battery Warranty 3 months; All other parts 1 year warranty)
- Protecting your Kids Car Batteries:
- Before First time use, charge 12 Hours
- Thereafter charging must occur more or less six hours according to the change of colour upon the charger.
- When the unit is not in use, please unplug the battery.
- Please re-charge the battery frequently to ensure the battery cells stays active.
- Do not drive the vehicle until the battery is completely depleted. To protect he battery, recharge once low.
- NOTE: Remember to charge the battery after each use. Completely draining the battery may cause permanent damage to the battery. Electronics inside the battery record the charge-discharge condition of the battery; damage caused by over-discharge or under-discharge will not be covered by the warranty.
- Protecting your Hoverboards Battery
- Please ensure that the Hoverboard is switched off at all times whilst charging
- Please note that Hoverboards is not waterproof.
- Chargers are not covered by warranty as this is a perishable item and can malfunction due to uncontrollable causes such as accidental damage; power surges; lightning etc.
- Please ensure that the Hovebroard is stood upon at all times according to the instruction manual as when stood upon incorrectly it can damage the chassis which will void the warranty thereof.
- Please ensure that the Hoverboard is on the ground at all times. The Hoverboard may not be lifted whilst switched on as it will interfere with the giros and may cause damage.
6.2 In what instances will the manufacturer’s warranty not apply?
The manufacturer’s warranty will only apply to defects in the process of manufacturing the goods and will not apply in the following instances:
- Damage caused by lightning or power surges
- Damage caused by misuse or abuse to the goods - Impact/Physical Damage
- Goods used for a purpose other than the purpose for which they were manufactured for.
- Please note that our Hoverboards is not made for standing in the middle as its general use is upon the foot-pads only.
- Any structural; physical damage; water damage or signs of misuse voids the warranty of this product.
- As this is a mechanical product, please ensure that the product is looked after and used according to the instruction/user manual provided.
- Goods used contrary to their instruction manuals
- Accidental damage
- Change of Plugs
- Torn Warranty seal/Opened by user/Tampering on product. Tampering/opening of the product unauthorized by our technical team.
- Water/liquid Damage (On electric products which is not noted as waterproof.)
6.3 Out of Warranty repairs:
We can assist you to have the goods assessed and repaired by our repair centre or alternatively the distributor or supplier.
The law requires the following in respect of repairs out of warranty:
- The manufacturer or its repairs agent must quote you first and you need to accept the quote before the repair can take place
- The quote must include the supply and installation of replacement parts, as well as the labour costs
- You must also give authorisation for diagnostic work in order to determine the scope of the required repairs
The cost and time of the repair depend on the type of damage.
Buyer is liable for shipment cost.(Courier At Own Risk - Please ensure that the parcel is safely packed.) EBO cannot be held liable for any damage whilst upon transit.
Please send an e-mail with your query through with your order number:
Once EBO have assessed a returned item and approved a refund, you will receive a notification for the refund that has been approved.
The refund will then take place via one of the following options of your choice:
- Credit note
- Electronic transfer directly into your account (5 to 10 working days due to COVID19 disruptions)
- Gift card
EBO will refund a purchase for the exact amount paid less the following:
- Credit note
- any delivery costs already incurred by EBO,
- any restocking fee for special orders
Products may be returned to your nearest EBO Branch or alternatively EBO can help you to arrange a third party courier by sending us an email with your order number to email@example.com.
The courier service will be charged at the going rate for your area and Product specifications.
Please note that it may not be possible to determine in-store whether goods have been damaged or what the cause of a failure or defect may be. This is of importance as it determines whether the goods may be repaired, replaced or refunded. Accordingly, EBO reserve the right to refer returned goods for technical assessment by the manufacturer or authorised service centre prior to repairing, replacing or refunding and to provide you with feedback within 10 days of receipt of the returned goods and to act accordingly (Due to COVID 19 this may takeup to 4 days longer due to restrictions and government regulations).
If your goods show a defect after the initial 6 month period, but still within the manufacturer’s warranty period, EBO will send the goods to the manufacturer for repair and the manufacturer will decide whether you have a valid claim and if so, whether they will repair or replace. If the goods become defective once the manufacturer’s warranty has expired, EBO can arrange with the manufacturer or its agents to repair them. No repairs will be done without you approving a quotation first.
COVID 19 - RETURNS/NON ESSENTIAL REPAIRS/ASSESSMENTS
WHY WERE MY ITEMS NOT COLLECTED TO BE RETURNED + REFUNDED EVEN THOUGH I LOGGED IT BEFORE THE LOCKDOWN? WILL I STILL BE ABLE TO RETURN THEM?
Our delivery team worked tirelessly and cautiously to collect and deliver all items safely. All returns that unfortunately weren’t collected before the lockdown will be scheduled for collection once the South African Government has lifted the relevant trade restrictions.
YOU ARE WELCOME TO SEND US AN EMAIL TO INFO@EXCLUSIVEBRANDSONLINE.CO.ZA WITH YOUR ENQUIRY IN ORDER FOR US TO DATE THIS REPORT ACCORDINGLY.
IN LEVEL 3 OF LOCK DOWN WE ARE ABLE TO TRADE AND ASSIST WITH REPAIRS AND ASSESSMENTS AT RESTRICTION OF HEALTH AND SAFETY.