Giving Customers Peace of Mind
You can have peace of mind! EBO only stocks quality branded goods. We are confident that you will be satisfied with every purchase you make. If you experience any problem or concern, please refer to the options provided for below. We are committed to operate our business in terms of the Consumer Protection Act and all policies are subject to the applicable law. Also a kind reminder to please check your order upon delivery to ensure all is in order.
7 days exchange or refund policy:
We will refund or exchange most goods if you return them within 7 working days of purchase. A valid proof of purchase must be provided i.e Order number or proof of purchase of gift received. However, the goods must still be in their original condition and packaging and you may not have used them at all. (Any scratches, marks, damage etc. will void your eligibility for a refund).*Please note that all orders must be inspected by the buyer upon delivery asap to avoid any disappointments. Our Returns/Exchange policy is valid from the delivery date.
- Original packaging and Original condition, i.e.:
- the security seal or shrink wrap is intact (if applicable)
- it is unused and the price ticket (if applicable) is attached.
- items with seals on them such as Hoverboards; Segways; electric cars; Tablets ect. will not be accepted back for return/exchange if the seal is broken. This will be regarded as an used item.
Unwanted goods for return/exchange:
- Subject to our rights in law to charge you for use of a 10% restocking fee to get the goods fit for re-stocking, we will give you a refund or exchange.(Any scratches, marks, damage etc. will void your eligibility for a refund).
The product must be sent to us within 30 calendar days from your notice to us of your cancellation.
You are responsible for the return shipping costs of the product when you cancel your purchase.
Unwanted products must be returned unused.
The Customer must take care to ensure that the product is properly packaged so that it will not be damaged while in transit.
- All returned Items are subject to inspection to ensure the items are suitable for a refund.
What to do if the goods are defective:
- If your goods turn out to be defective on a manufacturing default within the first 6 months after you received them from us, we will repair them, replace them or give you a refund. Products may be returned to our EBO Head Office or alternatively we can help you to arrange a 3rd party courier by sending us an e-mail to email@example.com. The courier service will be charged at the going rate for your area and product specifications. Please note that it may not be possible to determine at the head office whether goods have been damaged or what the cause of a failure or defect may be. This is of importance as it determines whether the goods may be repaired, replaced or refunded. Accordingly, we reserve the right to refer returned goods for technical assessment by the manufacturer or authorised service centre prior to repairing, replacing or refunding and to provide you with feedback within 10 days of receipt of the returned goods and to act accordingly.
- Appliances and electrical products will be repaired, replaced or refunded subject to supplier warranties if faulty, provided that:
- The product was used in accordance with the manufacturer’s terms and there is no evidence of structural damage(water or impact damage) or abuse;
- The original components and accessories are also returned;
- The original plug has not been tampered with
- The Warranty seals is not broken.
- A replacement unit will depend on stock availability and the condition of the product assessed as mentioned above
- If your goods show a defect after the initial 6 month period, but still within the manufacturer’s warranty period, EBO will be able to assess the goods for repair and will decide whether you have a valid claim and if so, whether they will repair or replace.
- If the goods become defective once the manufacturer’s warranty has expired, we can arrange to repair them accordingly. No repairs will be done without you approving a quotation first.
- PLEASE NOTE: Physical damage (including seemingly trivial surface scratches, mark etc.) could result in an OBF (out of box failure) claim being rejected. In the event that you experience a problem with our new device, you are encouraged to return it as soon as possible to reduce the possible risk of an OBF rejection due to physical damage.
OBF terms and conditions:
3. All devices must be assessed by a EBO Repairs technician for any faults reported by the client before being exchanged/returned. This assessment may take up to 7 (seven) calendar days. (Time-frame may be influenced by location, courier delays and/or public holidays).
- Devices that meet the OBF criteria but are faulty due to software issues (incorrect version of software) and that can be resolved by way of a software upgrade are not considered OBF at this stage in the OBF resolution process.
- A software upgrade will be performed free of charge in an attempt to resolve the fault.
- Should this software upgrade fail to resolve the fault, and the device renders faulty within 7 (seven) days of the software upgrade and/or still within a 14 (fourteen) calendar day period from date of purchase/delivery, the device will be approved as an OBF. The consumer should retain their proof of receipt of the device when the device is issued back to them after the software upgrade, as this is the date that will be applied in terms of the additional 7 (seven) day window.
- The maximum of 14 (fourteen) calendar days OBF rejection with a software version update is therefore calculated according to the time the device is in the consumer’s possession. Thus, providing a reasonable window to determine fault.
- Items that qualify as OBF will only be swapped for the same make and model.
4. The original contents of the ‘box’, (device, original battery, original charger, manual and or any other accessories) must be complete and the packaging intact/in a good condition.5. The physical condition of the device applies – as outlined above
- Goods must be signed off upon arrival by the client, to the Courier Company in acceptance that all is within complete order.
Conditions that apply to manufacturers’ warranties:
As with all warranties, certain conditions and exceptions apply. Please take proper note of any terms or instructions that accompany your goods. We explain the conditions as follows:
- Appliances and Electric equipment and sporting equipment
- Goods that show a manufacturing defect within the first 6 months of purchase will be repaired, replaced or refunded. (Any scratches, marks, impact or water damage ; broken warranty seals etc. will void your eligibility for a refund/replacement) Your warranty will be voided.
- Defects that develop after 6 months may be repaired, replaced at the manufacturer’s election, and subject to the relevant manufacturer’s policy or extended warranty
- The nature of the goods (size, technical specifications, etc.) often dictates where the repair will take place. For example, on site; at the warehouse or at the manufacturer’s premises.
The cost and time of the repair depend on the type of damage.
Buyer is liable for shipment cost
- The product and all applicable contents must be repackaged within its original packaging for warranty acceptance.
For assistance regarding repairs, please send an e-mail with your query through with your order number:
In what instances will the manufacturer’s warranty not apply?
The manufacturer’s warranty will only apply to defects in the process of manufacturing the goods and will not apply in the following instances:
- Damage caused by lightning or power surges
- Damage caused by misuse or abuse to the goods
- Goods used for a purpose other than the purpose for which they were manufactured for. (Please note that our Hoverboards is not made for standing in the middle as its general use is upon the foot-pads only.)
- Goods used contrary to their instruction manuals
- Accidental damage
- Torn Warranty seal.
Out of Warranty repairs:
We can assist you to have the goods assessed and repaired by our repair centre or alternatively the distributor or supplier.
The law requires the following in respect of repairs out of warranty:
- The manufacturer or its repairs agent must quote you first and you need to accept the quote before the repair can take place
- The quote must include the supply and installation of replacement parts, as well as the labour costs
- You must also give authorisation for diagnostic work in order to determine the scope of the required repairs
The cost and time of the repair depend on the type of damage.
Buyer is liable for shipment cost.
Please send an e-mail with your query through with your order number:
Once we have accepted a return and approved a refund, you will receive the refund in one of the following ways:
- Credit note
- Electronic transfer directly into your account (5 to 7 days)