Travel Bottle and Food Warmer
Do you have a question about using your Tommee Tippee Travel Bottle and Food Warmer? Find the answer here.
Here’s a step by step guide to all the component parts and how they can be fitted again.
Setting up your Travel Food and Bottle Warmer
For hygiene purposes, we strongly advise to give it a quick wash with warm soapy water, wiping with a clean damp cloth before first use.
Things to be aware of!
- Do not use to store or carry carbonated drinks
- In order to minimize bacterial growth, do not use for keeping milk products or baby food warm.
- Pre-heat or pre-cool the container with water to ensure efficient use. Never use microwave or conventional ovens for this purpose.
- WARNING: Flask can contain boiling water - a potential scalding hazard. Ensure lids are securely fastened. Open with care. Keep out of reach of children.
- Always use on a flat, heat-resistant surface.
- Always place bottle or food jar into the beaker before adding water.
- Empty beaker immediately after use.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with this appliance. Always keep out of the reach of children.
- When the feed has reached the desired temperature, remove immediately. If left in the warmer, the temperature of the feed will continue to increase.
Cleaning & Maintenance
Cleaning/de-scaling the insulated flask
Hand washing in warm soapy water is the best way to wash the flask - it won’t get on too well in your dishwasher so please don’t do this!
You should clean your flask before and after each use. The most effective way to wash the flask is in warm soapy water, making sure to rinse thoroughly afterwards. You should ensure the flask is dried before storage.
Descaling your insulated flask will help keep everything in working order. To de-scale use white vinegar, pour into the flask and shake vigorously, empty out the vinegar and ensure the flask is rinsed thoroughly afterwards.
Please avoid using solvents or harsh chemical as damage can occur.
Cleaning the white beaker
Feel free to pop this in the dishwasher with all the other washing up your little one creates! If you don’t have one, simply wash in warm soapy water and rinse in clean water, ensuring that its fully dry before placing onto the flask when storing.
Do not clean with solvents or harsh chemicals as damage can occur.
The water isn't staying warm for very long?
That’s a tricky one, but we can certainly give you some help!
How long the water stays warm for depends on both the temperature of the water when you put it in, and the external temperature. To help keep the water hot or cold for longer, you could pre-heat or pre-chill the flask before use, however do not heat in a microwave.
Why is it leaking?
There are two things to consider here:
- Ensure that the flask is closed before placing the white beaker onto it or when not in use, by pressing the middle button in the centre of the lid to the close position (the button will be raised, not flush with the lid)
- Check that the silicone ring inside the flask lid is connected correctly.
Can I make up a feed with the water?
The water from the flask is only for warming up little one’s food or milk, as the temperature at the time of using might not be at the right level to kill any bacteria that may be present in the powdered formula.
The inside of the flask is discolored/ white?
Sounds as though your flask needs to be descaled. It’s a quick and easy process, and here’s how to do it:
- - Fill the flask with white/ clear vinegar (flask capacity is 500ml)
- - Leave for a minimum of 30-minutes, allowing it to react.
- - Once complete, rinse with clean water and allow to fully dry before reassembling. You may need to repeat the process if this doesn’t fully remove it.
I've noticed bits floating in the water?
This is likely to be limescale that’s become loose within the flask. Descaling is a quick and easy process, and here’s how to do it:
- Fill the flask with white/ clear vinegar (flask capacity is 500ml)
- Leave for a minimum of 30-minutes, allowing it to react.
- Once complete, rinse with clean water and allow to fully dry before reassembling. You may need to repeat the process if this doesn’t fully remove it.